Terms and Conditions
We're passionate about our customers and making sure that you're happy and so the following sets out the terms and conditions that apply to your order in what we hope is a straight-forward and customer friendly way.
Our Contract with you
When you place an order, you are offering to buy the product(s) from us and we will send you an order acknowledgement. However, your order will only be accepted by us once your product(s) have been delivered to you. Until then we can decline to supply the goods – we will try to ensure that this never happens, but we do, however, reserve the right not to fulfil your order for any reason if, for example, we have made an error on the price or similar or we simply can't get hold of the model you need. In the event of these circumstances we will refund you any price you’ve paid to us. Please note that we reserve the right not to accept an order for any reason and we won’t be liable to you or anyone else in these circumstances.
We display our availability on the website. For the earliest available delivery day prior to the checkout please call us on 024 7668 5223 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We rely on a computer system for our stock control. If we get this wrong, we will tell you as soon as we know, and we will try to sort it out for you.
We try to specify accurate dimensions for every product. However, please be aware that the product dimensions do not include any protruding features such as controls and handles etc and product dimensions represent the casing of the product only. Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all sizes, weights and measurements quoted on the website are approximate only. Similarly, we've made every effort to display all product colours accurately. Please also be aware that colours may differ between manufacturers. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that product specifications are correct, due to continual product development through research & design, specifications may change without notice.
All the prices we display include VAT and exclude delivery and other services such as disconnection & disposal of your old product, or connection/installation, unless stated specifically on the website.
Our 'Price Match Promise' service matches the price of the product including any delivery charges applied by specified competitors, subject to certain conditions. Please see here for further information.
From time to time we may offer products at sale or promotional prices. Any such offers will apply to selected products and be subject to availability. Delivery charges, conditions and geographical exclusions may apply. Please refer to our website or in-store rate cards for pricing. We may also offer delivery and services (including installation) at a reduced rate as part of a promotion. This is subject to availability and can be withdrawn at our discretion. For example, a promotion offering Free Next Day delivery is only valid whilst we have the capacity to offer Next Day Delivery. Some of our products are not held in stock in our warehouse and are held by our partners or ordered from manufacturers. These products may not be eligible for any delivery promotions. You’ll be able to see the next available delivery date on each product page on our website.
You can pay with most types of credit/debit card. This includes Maestro, Delta, MasterCard, American Express or Visa card and we do all we can to ensure your details are secure. We also accept PayPal on all online orders, and this doesn't cost you any extra. If there are any problems with receiving payment, we'll let you know.
From time to time we’ll offer discount codes on selected products. Discount codes will be available for limited time with eligible dates clearly visible. They’re also subject to availability and can be withdrawn at any time. Discount codes can't be used in conjunction with our Price Match Promise. Discount codes can only be redeemed on futureappliances.com and you can only use one discount code per order. If you’re returning part of an order that’s had a discount code applied, your refund will be for the full amount minus the discount applied.
Unique Discount Codes
Unique codes are a little different from our normal discount codes, but everything mentioned above still applies. Your unique discount code has been generated especially for you and can only be used once. When you’re ready to redeem your offer, simply copy and paste it into the discount code box. You’ll find this on the basket page when placing your order. This code can only be redeemed online and isn’t valid for orders placed over the phone.
From time to time we may also send you promotional offers and details, including when you first register for My Account. Our My Account registration discount offer applies to items worth £299 or more. Your discount code will have an expiry date and won’t be valid for use after that date. This is a promotional offer and can be withdrawn at any time.
VAT Notice 735 on mobile phone orders
In line with HMRC’s VAT reverse charge procedure, we may need to get in contact with you after you’ve placed your order to arrange a refund of VAT. This will apply if you’re a VAT registered business and you spend more than £5,000 (excluding VAT) or £6,000 (including VAT, discount or promotions, but excluding any charges for services or delivery) in a single transaction on mobile phones.
We offer home delivery to every UK postcode (excluding Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland). Delivery will normally be made via our in-house delivery team or one of our preferred carriers. We have a phenomenal delivery success rate that we are very proud of and a will to deliver that we cannot fault. For smaller items we will sometimes use DPD who also provide a fantastic service. Please note that deliveries coming from different warehouses may not be delivered together. Our Click and Collect service available to collect from our showroom at 104-108 Holbrook Lane, Coventry, CV6 4BH.
The products we deliver are often big and heavy items to lift, so there will be certain occasions when we may be unable to get it into your property. Lots of steps, narrow corridors, radiators and restricted parking are all things that may hinder our ability to deliver; it is your responsibility to ensure access to your property. In situations where we cannot gain access, we may be able to offer delivery to the nearest point possible i.e. your garage, so you can make arrangements to get the product in. If we believe successful re-delivery is viable when you have taken the necessary measures, we will attempt another delivery however we reserve the right to not re-attempt delivery; in this case we will always give you a full refund.
Please note customers need to be aged at least 16 to accept delivery.
Occasionally something will happen out of our control that closes roads, like floods snow or other adverse weather conditions or things like, sporting events which result in closed roads. In this event we'll block any affected dates out of the delivery calendar. If you've already selected your delivery date and you're affected, we'll contact you as soon as possible to arrange alternative delivery options. We will do what we can but can’t be held liable if we can’t fulfil delivery due to reasons beyond our control.
Unfortunately, on the rare occasions where a delivery is unsuccessful, we're not liable for costs incurred. This might include things like a third-party engineer or food deliveries.
There are various delivery options available, depending on your needs and how much you want to pay. These options are set out clearly on the checkout page before you place your order.
Storage of Goods
All goods held in-store awaiting delivery will be free of charge for a period of 28 days. Any subsequent storage will be subject to settlement in full and thereafter a weekly charge of £10 per appliance will be made, unless a prior agreement has been made with the Store Manager.
Pre-ordering a product
Pre-order terms apply alongside and in addition to our terms and conditions of sale.
A pre-order product is a product that has not yet been released. By pre-ordering, you are paying for and reserving yourself a copy of the game or console for launch day.
Payment for your pre-order is taken when you place the order.
Where possible, a pre-released order will be shipped to you so that you may receive it on the release date. When you get to the checkout, you will be able to select a delivery date that suits you, starting from the day of release. Release dates are set by the manufacturers and are subject to change. We are not liable for any changes to a pre-release date that has been advertised by us.
Normal refund rules apply to pre-order products.
Pre-order products are subject to availability.
Disconnection & Removal
Disconnection is available for all appliances where safe to do so. If you have ordered a disconnection and removal service, there are a few things you will need to do before we arrive, so we can disconnect successfully. If it's a fridge or freezer, please make sure it's defrosted, and all food is removed. For washing machines and tumble dryers, you'll need to remove any clothes from the drum. If we’re disconnecting a dishwasher, please make sure all plates and cutlery are removed.
We only charge for the cost of transporting your appliance for disposal. Alternatively, if you wish to return your appliance to us with no charge then this can be accepted at our company premises; 104-108 Holbrook Lane, Coventry, CV6 4BH - Monday to Saturday 09:.00 to 16:00. Proof of the delivery of our product will be required and they can only accept like for like items to those that were delivered.
We offer an installation service for all the products we sell, but we won't be able to connect your new items if:
- Any electrical/plumbing supplies needed fail the delivery team's testing or are unsuitable.
- Any water supply needed cannot be isolated or is unsuitable.
- Any drainage/waste facilities needed are unusable.
- Mechanical adjustments are required to the item(s) to overcome such things as water pressure etc. Alterations to existing plumbing and electrical are required.
If you're making use of our installation service and haven’t opted for our disconnection and removal service, please disconnect and remove the appliance from situ before we arrive.
Conditions for Gas and Electric Installation
We have an elite team of installers who are skilled in gas and electrical connections and able to install your new cookers, range cookers, hobs and ovens.
If you need us to disconnect your old appliance, we will do this when we arrive.
For your safety, there are regulations around connecting cookers so there are things that we need you to check before we arrive:
- Please ensure that you have suitable ventilation. This could be a suitable extraction fan or a window that opens.
- You need to check the dimensions of your new appliance and make sure there'll be enough room around the back and side for ventilation once we've installed it. You need to make sure you've got an adequate gap between your cooker or hob and anything above it. The dimensions of this space, known as the "Hot Zone", need to comply with the manufacturer requirements and Gas Safe legislation. It also needs to be completely clear of any flammable materials, such as wallpaper, cupboards or shelves and plug sockets. If we arrive and the Hot Zone isn't clear, we won't be able to complete your installation.
- There needs to be an existing gas supply to the installation point. The room that we're connecting into needs to have a door or window to the outside of the property to allow for adequate ventilation and we also need access to a 3pin electric socket within 1.2 metres of the installation area
- If you're planning to run your appliance using cylinder gas, you'll need to make us aware when you place your order.
Installing Hobs and Cookers
We will install all hobs based on the current hole in the worktop not being any larger than the size of your new hob. If required, we can make this hole bigger to install the new hob, but we can only cut into worktops that are made of wood. Please note, this service is chargeable. Surfaces such as granite, composite or metal will have to be the right size for installation before we get there.
For electric cookers and hobs, we need to be able to access an isolation switch and electricity supply at the connection point. There are some induction hobs we can't connect due to the type of wiring required and we'll only be able to know for sure when we arrive. If this happens, you'll need to call out an electrician to complete your installation.
If we are connecting a built-in or built under oven, we'll also assess the housing before installation to make sure it's safe for use and can hold the weight of the appliance. We'll check to make sure there isn't any existing damage and unfortunately, if we do find damage, we'll not be able to fit your appliance. You need to make sure you've got an adequate gap between your cooker or hob and anything above it. The dimensions of this space, known as the "Hot Zone", need to comply with the manufacturer requirements and Gas Safe legislation. It also needs to be completely clear of any flammable materials, such as wallpaper, cupboards or shelves and plug sockets. If we arrive and the Hot Zone isn't clear, we won't be able to complete your installation.
There needs to be an existing gas supply to the installation point. The room that we're connecting into needs to have a door or window to the outside of the property to allow for adequate ventilation and we also need access to a 3-pin electric socket within 1.2 metres of the installation area
If you're planning to run your appliance using cylinder gas, you'll need to make us aware when you place your order. To install a gas item, our engineers will need to switch off your gas supply so that they can carry out the work safely. We'll always turn back on and attempt to restart any items you need us to. However, on occasion, some gas items - such as boilers - may not restart and you'll need to call out a Heating Engineer. This is very rare but if it does happen, we will not be responsible for any boiler repair costs.
If you're not happy with your product or you’ve simply changed your mind, you’ll need to let us know within 14 days of delivery or collection. Returns are accepted only if you have not used the product and it is returned to us unopened and in the original packaging. In this instance you will receive store credit for the full amount. If you require a refund it is subject to 15% administration, handling & restocking charge. Your refund will be made within 5 working days of the returned goods being received at our warehouse.
To cancel a product and request collection please call 024 7668 5223. We'll collect your product at a charge of £10 within a reasonable time from when you cancel and on a day that suits you. You must be at the chosen address for the driver to receive the goods from you. Alternatively, we can accept returns to the store.
For orders with Click and Collect as the delivery option, if you do not want your product, the quickest way to get a refund is to go into the store you have selected for collection and reject the item. If you leave your product in the Click and Collect store, we will attempt to contact you. Our 14-day cancellation policy also applies to any additional services you may have ordered. If you have ordered any additional services for a product then these will be automatically be cancelled when the order for that product is cancelled, unless the service has already been performed. If you order an additional service and expressly choose for that service to be carried out within 314 days of order (e.g. by nominating next day delivery, weekend delivery, a specific timeslot, or requesting an installation or collection within such 14 day period) and such service has been carried out, then you are deemed to have waived your cancellation rights and we shall not be under any obligation to refund any charges paid for any such additional services.
Claims in respect of damage must be notified to us within 48 hours from the point of delivery. Where damage is uncovered, we can exchange the product or offer of monetary damage allowance payable by BACS.
If Products are Faulty
It’s our legal duty to supply products that are fit for purpose and meet satisfactory quality requirements.
As a customer, it’s your legal right to receive either a refund, repair or replacement for products that are either faulty or not what you expected as per the Consumer Rights Act.
We'll offer resolutions based on the timelines outlined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 for products purchased from 1st October 2015 onwards, and those outlined in the Sale of Goods Act for those bought prior to this date.
- If a fault has been confirmed with your new product within 30 days of delivery, you can return it in exchange for a full refund.
- If you find a fault with your product after 30 days of delivery, please contact the manufacturer to make a repair claim under guarantee. We can support you in arranging a manufacturer’s engineer visit if required.
- If you find a fault after 6 months of owning the product and you can prove the defect was present when we delivered it, we’ll follow the same processes that are outlined above.
You can get advice regarding your legal rights from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
The manufacturers will supply a guarantee in addition to your rights under the Sale of Goods Act. In most cases you'll receive a 12-month guarantee covering all parts and labour. In some cases, it may be extended to 2, 5 or even 10 years by the manufacturer. You may need to register to qualify for these promotions – please check with one of our team.
Please also note that our warranties only cover domestic use; items for use in commercial properties might not be covered.
Things Beyond Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control. Such events include any act, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, in particular (without limitation), the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; or civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; or
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster or adverse weather; or
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; or
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks
Our obligations under these terms are suspended for the period that such event continues, and we will have an extension of time to perform these obligations for the duration of that period. We will take reasonable steps to bring the event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under these terms can be performed despite the event.
Our Liability to You
Here at Future Appliances, we strive to deliver a great service to every customer. We also like to be honest and fair in all we do, so we acknowledge that sometimes mistakes happen. If a circumstance arises where we are accountable for a mistake, we want to ensure that we take full responsibility.
If, during the installation, process our team causes any accidental damage, we will repair this damage. However, we cannot repair any pre-existing faults or damage discovered during the installation process.
Should an issue arise with a cooling appliance, due to a fault on our part, we can secure up to £50 for food loss or for the damage of secondary items (which excludes the appliance itself).
As we only supply products for domestic and private use, we are not liable for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or business opportunity.
We do not exclude liability for the following heads of loss:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors.
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession).
- Breach of the terms implied by sections 13, 14 and 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples).
- Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
Information About Us and How to Contact Us
Future Appliances is a trading name of A1 Domestics Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 4019056 and our registered office is at: 1110 Elliott Court, Coventry Business Park, Herald Avenue, Coventry CV5 6UB. Our registered VAT number is GB754120850 .If you have any questions, you may be able to find some answers in our FAQ’s. Our intention is to give you all the information you need so you never need to call us. However, if you want to check something, change something or ask a question then we have a team of people waiting to take your call on 024 7668 5223. Alternatively, you can email us on email@example.com or write to us at 104-108 Holbrook Lane, Coventry, CV6 4BH.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- Supply and deliver the products. Process your payment for such products. Inform you about similar products or services that we provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
- You agree that we may pass your personal information to our delivery agents or credit reference/fraud preventions agencies and that they may keep a record of any search that they do. We will not give your personal data to any other third party without your consent.
- Telephone calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- If you attempt to make payment but there is an error or delay in processing, we may use this information submitted to contact you to complete your order.
The contract made between us and all our and your rights and obligations shall be governed by English law and any disputes arising under it shall be heard in the English courts.
Customers are able to apply to pay on finance through our third-party finance provider, Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC.
Finance for countdown interest bearing is available for 6, 10 or 12 months and interest-bearing credit products is available over 24, 36 or 48 months, subject to status. From time to time we may offer an interest-free credit product over 6- or 12-month terms, at our discretion. Finance is only offered on selected online purchases and may not always be available when used in conjunction with any promotions. To be eligible to apply for finance, you must be 18 or older and have been a UK resident for more than 3 years. Other conditions may apply, and we cannot guarantee that you application will be accepted. The stock will not be allocated until the application has been completed and approved. We reserve the right to withdraw finance on certain products at any time.
If consumer finance is chosen as the payment method, we do not offer price matching or discount. If the products ordered are part of a promotion, e.g. cashback, then unless the terms of such promotion specify otherwise it can be claimed it in the same way. However, if you trade in an old product, the money will be taken off the amount you owe on the finance agreement, not credited to your account. From time to time we'll include the trade-in amount in the price you pay upfront. We'll make this clear at the point of purchase.
For over 35 years, Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC has led the way in providing finance to enable consumers and businesses to grow and prosper. They work with consumers and small to medium enterprises (SMEs) as well as corporate multinationals in the UK and mainland Europe. Whether it’s powering retail with market-leading point of sale finance, helping people realise their ambitions with personal loans, supporting the growth of SMEs or keeping businesses on the road, Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC is a strong and reliable partner.
If your application is successful you will enter into a Credit Agreement with Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC. Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register no. 704348.
Should you cancel your credit agreement and have already received products from us then you will be liable to pay us in full for the product (unless your cancellation rights apply).
Please note, orders delivered using Click and Collect can't be paid for on Finance.
Buy More and Save
Our 'Buy More and Save' offer, when active, excludes Small Appliances (with the exception of Freestanding Microwaves), Floorcare, TV and Home Entertainment and Computing.
To take advantage of the offer, your appliances must be placed within the same order. You can only add a maximum of 10 appliances per order and you must submit your claim within 21 days of your order being delivered. Unfortunately trade customers are excluded from this offer. To receive your cashback, your claim form will be sent to you via email. Simply fill the form in and once it’s received, cashback will be transferred via BACS within 28 days of receipt of a valid claim.
We reserve the right to remove, vary or cancel this offer in its sole discretion at any time without incurring any liability. We are under no obligation to honour any multi-line orders placed outside the scope of this offer.
Oven and Hob packages
Packages are subject to availability. If there are any problems with your order, please call our customer contact centre on 024 7668 5223 and have your order reference to hand. Please note, if you wish to return one of the products from the package, we will refund the difference between the price of the package and the full price of the appliance that you are keeping.
My Account allows you to save your details for a faster checkout. From time to time we may also send you promotional offers and details.
If you have a complaint about Future Appliances you can contact us as follows:
By writing us a letter:
Future Appliances, 104-108 Holbrook Lane, Coventry, CV6 4BH
By calling us on 024 7668 5223
By emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you within 48 hours.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you are also entitled to pursue alternative dispute resolution by referring your complaint to The Retail ADR, a certified Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider whose purpose is to resolve disputes between consumers and traders without having to go to court.
The contact details for The Retail ADR are as follows:
- Post address: The Retail ADR, 33 floor Euston Towers, 286 Euston Road, London, NW1 3DP
- Telephone number: 020 3540 8063
- Email address: email@example.com
You may also be eligible to lodge your complaint to EU Online Dispute Resolution platform - www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
Use of Website
You are welcome to use this website subject to the following terms and conditions:
- You may view, use, download and store the material on this website for personal and research use only. Commercial use is not permitted. The re-distribution, re-publication, or otherwise making available of the material on this website to third parties without our prior written consent is prohibited.
Accuracy of Information
- The information in this website is given in good faith and is believed to be accurate. It is subject to change without notice. Nothing on this website is intended to be, nor should be considered to be an offer to enter into a contractual relationship.
Linking and Third Party Material
- This website may contain links to other websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of other websites which are not under our strict control or for the content of any third party advertisements on the website. Any link is not intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us of that other website. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
- Use of this web site may require you to submit details such as your name, address, email address and telephone number. We need this information to enable us to get in touch with you if this is what you have requested, or to provide results about retailers in your area. We may use information you provide to advise you of special offers and inform you about new or improved products and services from the Sirius Buying Group.
- We will NOT disclose your information to any third party, at any time.
- You should be aware that it is impossible to guarantee the security of any data disclosed via the internet. However, we have taken all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
Cancellations and Out of Stock Items
- Like any business we cannot guarantee stock levels. Should you have purchased an item which was in-stock and completed the transaction we are not responsible or liable to fulfil this order. We will however offer you an alternative product on an equal or similar specification.
- Sometimes errors do occur and prices displayed on the website do not have to be honoured, even if your have received an order confirmation email. If any descriptions or availability are inaccurate we will contact you with an update. You will be offered an alternative product or full refund of any charges already paid.
Flixmedia partners with your chosen retailer in order to provide you with official manufacturer’s information about the product you are considering and is not an advertising service. Flixmedia processes your IP address solely to permit the delivery of the manufacturer’s video, image or text information but does not store your IP address as part of this service to your retailer and does not provide your IP address to third parties other than technology partners who support information display. Flixmedia does not process or store any other piece of personal information about you nor obtain any other of your personal data from third parties. If you have questions about Flixmedia’s processing of your IP address, please contact GDPR@flixmedia.eu